Monday, October 19, 2009

'you make all things work together for my good...'

That verse in the song, 'Your Love Never Fails' touched my heart as we were singing it in church yesterday. It's as if my heart found the words to how it's been feeling the past year and a half.

YOU make all things work together for my good...

And as I look back over my life I can see how things, no matter how screwed up I've made them, have worked out for my good.

I have a hard time with the saying, 'everything happens for a reason', because we were given free will and with that we can make decisions and do things apart from God. If everything happened for a reason it'd be very easy to put the blame on God for everything bad that happened in our lives and it'd make it that much harder to see His love shining through.

I believe that the loving God that He is, makes beauty out of the messes we make. But we won't be able to see it if we're not looking to Him during those messes. If we focus on the messes in our life, that's all we'll see. That is where I was a year and a half ago. That's how I was living my life up until that point.

Through our church and the people in it, I learned about God's love for us and what that really means. It means there are no conditions. That's what unconditional love means! No conditions! And instead of that realization making me lazy in my faith, it's done the opposite. It's made me peaceful in my everyday life and has made me want to find out more about my Father. He has made my heart at peace. Listening and learning from others has only opened my eyes to the truth.

In saying this, your eyes may only be opened by the words I write or say but you will never experience this until you turn to Him.

In the messes in your life or even in the everyday look to find the blessings amongst the mess. And know that even if you've created a mess for yourself, God is a loving God and HE will still take care of you. His love is unconditional even if you find a condition for Him in which not to love you.

I have some really good examples of how He's taken care of me during the messes that I've created for myself. I will collect them in my thoughts this afternoon and write about them tomorrow and maybe throughout this week. There are a lot!



1 comment:

  1. I am so excited that you have continued to write here Steph! Several months ago when you started this blog, you inspired me more than I can explain to you in words. I love your heart and your way of communicating it. I can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete